Friday, March 12, 2010

Ramblings of Love





H just got back from a trip and I hadn't spoken or heard her voice in a while so I decided to catch up with her and call.  We always have a  great,fun times when we talk and somehow the conversation led to me making a comment on we are strong, independent women and how it takes a special kind of men to be able to see, love,accept us for who we are. The both us have always agreed that the last thing the both of us ever wanted was to be in a relationship that requires us to change who are we are and just makes us feel boxed in, feeling suffacated. Compromise is necessity at times I feel but asking the other person to completely change? Thats another beast all together. I know I am not going to settle for that. I would never ask the person I really care to change who they are. Isn't that who I fell for???  Relationship is all about respect love ,acceptance.

After we hung up cuz H had to go back to her teaching,  my mind took  me to the twitter trending topic a few days ago  that went something like #youarestillsinglebecause. H and I have been accused of a lot of things for our singlehood in this culture..from being "choosy", "arrogant","aggresive" someone has even told me that I have to up my presentation i.e grooming..loose the weight, because being brown, "short"  and "fat" ain't ideal in her world (true story and this was rather recent.

I also just heard this comment "the less attention you give someone, the more they'll give you." which in all honesty for me is a bunch of crap that just ruins relationship..if ya ask me and only a bitter sceptic came up with. What is so wrong with the right dose of love,attention,nuture and understanding that is given to the important relationship in your life? Whats up with the games??? I am a hater of games.Its a turn off for me. I don't know how to play games in business,life and relationship. For better or worse that is who I am . If it means I get hurt in the process, at least I know I am living and living my love and truth.

When I feel genuinely  connected to the person and he sees and accepts me with all that I am ; the beauty the flaws, the Turner Syndrome, worthy of my love and each other. I  know thats the person ,the time arrives.. I'll be ready to receive.

Until then ... I am just gonna say Alhamdulillah..thank you God.. and be happy.......

No comments: